Sunday, October 26, 2008

Busy October!

Sorry! It's been over a month since we've posted and boy, has it been a busy month. It started off with Warren coming home from his deployment in October 3rd. We went to the base, watched his plane land and then they took the families out on buses to the planes to meet the guys. It seemed like FOREVER from the time his plane landed until we got to see him but in reality it was only an hour a half. Haha! It's awesome that he was gone for only 3 months, it could have been extended longer and Baxter and I are thankful to have him home. Baxter is sitting up, rolling over and babbling up a storm. We went to the local "Red River Revel" and enjoyed the arts, crafts and of course the funnel cakes! Last weekend we went to San Antonio where Warren and his friend Steve-O did a triathlon. It was great getting to spend some time with Shawna and Easton as well. We visited the Alamo and the RiverWalk. We had our sunday school class pumpkin carving party last night and Baxter and Warren dressed up like a cowboy and his horse. They are so cute! Once again, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post our updates but hopefully the cute pictures and videos will help!

Here's our picture out at the plane when Warren came home

Baxter and Abbey at the RiverWalk in San Antonio

Baxter loves sitting all by himself

We had a blast touring the Alamo- a lot of neat US history

I was close by so don't worry I would have caught before he fell into the fountain!

Easton and Baxter taking a wagon ride to the Park

Abbey and Baxter at the Frisbee Golf Course- we had a blast playing with Dale and Holly

Funnel Cake at the Revel, mmmm, nothing like it!

Who knows?  Maybe Baxter will take up wrestling.  He's definitely winning here!

My cute cowboy and his baby horse

7 comments:

Wendy said...

What's the deal with the Alabama shirt? I am sure your parents are wondering the same thing Abbey.

Jan said...

abbey, what a wonderful post! it's great to see your smiling face...and warren's with YOU! hooray. i'm so glad that he's finally home with you and baxter.

what's up with the alabama shirt? richard would approve!

isn't san antonio neat? i've never seen anything like that river walk before. we went for the final four back in march, and i was impressed too.

how do you get the pictures so well organized on your page with captions? i need you to tell me how to do that. my are always a mess on my page, so i usually don't post any pictures.

Alice said...

Yeah..pictures! I love the video and the halloween pictures. I am ignoring the Alabama shirt. We are so excited about ya'll coming and will take lots of pictures of the kids together. Thanks for posting and please post more soon.

Eric and Danielle Hanley said...

Hi Abbey! I've loved watching little Baxter grow up on your blog...he is so cute! I'm glad you three are doing well. You look great!

Unknown said...

ahh big man is growing up so fast! and i am rush mailing that child some orange and blue...just fyi because apparently he outgrew all of the auburn stuff i already bought him! love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Such a great post--thanks! It's so much fun to see pictures of all 3 of y'all together (and having such fun...love the river walk! and halloween!)And Baxter is sitting up. oh my gracious. That's awesome! And i would like to say that all of baxter's outfits are simply adorable! and a quick side note...for some reason, babies in overalls just make me so happy. they're so much fun! I love and miss y'all!
-katie

Anonymous said...

Hey to 3 of my favorite people. I am so thrilled to see the 3 of you together again. Baxter boy you are growing up soooo quickly. Daddy Mac and I love all the pictures and video. What Alabama shirt is everyone referring to? The shirt we saw with the A stands for Awesome grandson. Love to all and keep up the wonderful posts!!!! Love always Gigi and Daddy Mac